Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Winding up

Winding up, rising with heed,

With the cold kissing my cheek,

Fighting with the thrust,

Dark and dusky,

Stony walls and their distinctive smell,

Winding up, rising with heed!

The cold and the chill,

The chill and the cold,

The still of the water,

Warmth radiating from my body,

Slowly and steadily,

Winding up, rising with heed!

Feeling the light on my eyes,

With vigor, I rise,

The smell of the earth,

The want to feel the wet grass,

Winding up, rising with heed!

Suddenly, you are in sight,

Helping me jump out,

Falling on the grass, with you by my side,

Hand in hand, we lie under the Sun!

The wait seeming to end,

With the softness of your hair,

Swaying against my cheek,

You are whispering in my ear,

Rejuvenating my soul!

Time has come,

Time to go beyond the beyond,

Our time together till the end of time,

Time to float away into eternity,

Time to become the mist amidst,

The mist amidst!

Written by Huzaifa Bhopalwala

No comments:

Post a Comment